Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Tailcone -2

Friday, May 3rd 2013- 4 hours Approximately 106 hours total - Okay- managed to find some time to work on the airplane. Priming is done for the smaller components. Now it's time to rivet. It's been a long time coming. F-1208 fame and associated wear plate went together no problem. This is assembled with the LP4-3 pop rivets- no problem

 Then it was on to the F-1209 frame- easy job- 8 pop rivets- again, no problem
 Then it was on to the squeeze rivets. AN470AD4-5 on the top row. AN470AD4-4 for the remaining eighteen. I installed and drilled out 12 or 15 of the rivets. This includes removing all the rivets on the left hand side. The left hand side, bottom right corner of the frame seemed to be slightly pulled-away F-1210B plate. No much, just enought to drive me crazy. Thought I'd start over to see if it would fit better. Slight improvement, but still sticks out a little cosmetic only.
Saturday May 4th 2013 6 hours, 112 hours total- Today it time to tackle the tailcone skins. The task was/is to prime the nine panels. Not in the garage this time but outside, in the included pool utility area. First time for with a spray gun. Lots of challenges but the bottom line is I got six of the nine panels primed. Pre-prime set-up photos below! This worked out well- I just had a lot of challenges with the sprayer. I believe my issue was associated with thinning the paint.

 Yhen I had a little visitor- Didn't let him near the spray gun. It scared the you know what out of me. Almost stepped on it. New shorts please!




No comments:

Post a Comment