Total Pageviews

Monday, July 8, 2013

Wings - 4

July 8, 2013, 5.0 hours, 161.5 hours total to date. Yes it's Monday, and no I'm not retired. I took a day of vacation so I could enjoy a three day weekend. That gave me some garage time to work on the wing spar components. Today I continued with the flaperon flanges [ W-1216 hinge bracket assemblies pictured in yesterdays post], W-1212 Hinge Assembly and the rear spar doublers. Primarily more deburring and sanding and a couple more countersinks. Oh yea, I also prepped the tip attach angles. So, to date I've got just about everything prepped for the spar assembly. I'll prime parts next weekend and then assemble those components.

Pictured below are the W-1212 Hinge Assemblies, left and right. You will see the flange brackets, hinge plate that holds the Bearing Com 3-5. 
 Illustration of how everything fits together. 
 Temporary assembly, minus bearing prior to any deburring or sanding.
 Sanding complete and countersinks installed for AN426AD4-6 rivets. Each side of the bracket. left/right is countersunk in two locations.
 These are the left and right doublers that attach to the left/right rear spar webs.
 Illustration of the rear spar and rear spar assemblies.

 Piece-part progress to date, pictured in the next two photos.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is a well-deserved vacation, James. And you definitely made use of your time wisely. From what I see, everything is coming together. It won't be long and you can fly your plane up in the sky!

    Best,
    Jeanette@
    ZoAir.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're at the same place! If it's not too hot, I'll start on the rear spars this evening. I think you're gonna leave me in the dust pretty soon though...

    Kevin
    Kit # 120666

    ReplyDelete