Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Fuselage-12

5/30/2015
56 hours, Total 669
Note: The hours tally is only an estimate, but it's probably within 50 hours either way.
Once again it's been about two months since my last update. Each time I go out to the hanger I'm amazed that my project is beginning to look more and more like an airplane. The majority of the structure is complete and the past two months have been associated with the installation of aircraft systems. Things like the seats, rudder and brake and fuel systems. I spent the last two days assembling the forward upper fuselage.

Seat structure with photograph at attach point. In this photo the seat back still requires priming and riveting.
 This is the rudder and brake assembly prior to installation into the aircraft.
 Not yet installed but nearly slid into it's proper location.
 Seat backs are primed and assemblied/
 The seat back attaches at the base with hinges and hinge pins.

 Rudder and brake assembly installed with fittings installed on actuators. Regarding fittings- I'm amazed at the force required to install. I have not leak checked any of the lines and fittings, but there is a voice in my head telling me to do this before I go much further. Maybe I should listen to that voice.
 Fuel line, 3/8 inch, from the fuel tank to the fuel pump to the shut-off valve and then onto the gascolator. You can see the lines and the shut-off valve.
 View looking forward in the aircraft. Brake and fuel lines.
 View from aft portion of the fuselage- fuel line from the fuel tank, fuel pump, and then line forward to the shut-off valve.
 All brake lines are now installed....still no leak check.

 View of the fuel pump showing both the fuel and return lines. The return line is the 1/4 inch line in the picture. It's not as pretty as I'd like....

 Picture of the assembled forward upper fuselage assembly with antenna shelf installed.
 Lots of nutplates to install.
 Antenna shelf

 Forward upper fuselage assembly installed. The instructions direct you to use engine sealant around the parameter of the forward assembly. I'm waiting to complete that portion of the process to make sure all openings are sealed. Cleco's are holding the left and right fuselage stiffeners in place prior to riveting.


P.S. I've ordered the Finish Kit! Scheduled to arrive 6/15/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment