Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Wings - 16

2/01/2014 11 hours, 293 hours total
I has been while since my last post, but I am making some good progress. I was able to spend a good portion of Friday out in the garage, and 4 hours today. This is work on the right wing. I installed wing panels W1201, W1203 and W1202 in that order. This included deburring, sanding the edges and corners of each of the panels and then priming. Once that was complete I cleco'd each of the panels, final drilled the holes and then deburred each of the holes. Finally, the panels were riveted to the wing skeleton. I wing is ready to flip so flaperon hindges can be installed along with the three top panels.

View of the bottom side of the right wing- rivets all installed. Blue protective covering still in place to minimize scratches.

 These pictures illustrate how crowded the garage is becoming. On the upper left of the picture you can see the tail section covered up for protection. Upper right is the vetical stabilizer. Below that is the left wing in the wing cradle. And behind the left wing is the stabilator which is not visible. And of course, the right wing sitting on the work benches.

 There is some room to move around, not bad.
 As soon as the wings are complete, all subassemblies will be moved into storage. One of the EAA chapter members has volunteered some space in his hanger.

Drum roll- as soon as I fimish this post I'm going to order the Fuselage kit. That will take 8 - 10 weeks to arrive. Considering the progress I made over the past couple of days, maybe I should have ordered sooner. I still have to finish installing the upper wing panels; install the wing tip close-out; Install the wing tip position lights; install the landing light; and finally build the flaperons. Seems like a lot of work, maybe my timing is correct!!


No comments:

Post a Comment