Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Horizontal Stabilator - 4

03/17/2013 I did not make nearly the progress I made last week-end. This weekend it was final prep prior to installing the skins. So the first order of business was to match drill the final three holes in each of the servo-trim tab hinges. I did this per the illustration in the Van's instructions. I used the right skin to celco and match drill the remaining holes. The hinges are temporarily celcoed to the lower inside aft edge of HS-1201.





After the match drill above, it was time to once again deburr, eadius the corners of the skin and then sand. I use 320 grit followed be 400 grit wet paper to smooth all the edges. It was then onto cleaning and scotch-briting the inside skin prior to applying primer. Step 1; clean with acetone, 2: scotch-brite, 3: alcohol clean and the prime. I only applied primer 2-inches beyond each rivet hole pattern versus the entire skin. Photos of inside prep and scotch-brite areas.

4-hours over the weekend is about it! 72 hours Total!!





No comments:

Post a Comment